Raising a child is hard. Add in the day-to-day challenges that come from having a child with diabetes, and it becomes even harder. Luckily, diabetes research and advancements over the past few years have made it easier to manage your child’s care, helping you and your family get back to a normal life.
Guide to Raising a Child with Diabetes is an invaluable parenting tool, featuring the latest advances in diabetes care, plus parenting advice from diabetes experts. Learn to navigate through the normal activities of childhood and raise your kids to be strong, confident, and capable of managing their own diabetes care.
• Adjusting insulin so kids can eat their favorite foods
• Helping your child accept insulin injections
• Developing a meal plan for your whole family
• Raising a child with type 2 diabetes
• Transitioning to adult care
©2011 American Diabetes Association
Softcover, 6 x 9, 236 pages