[This is the eBook version of this book, delivered in the ePub format. To read this eBook, you will need Adobe Digital Editions installed on your machine. NOTE: Third party eBooks are not compatible with the Amazon Kindle Reader.]
NEW! The American Diabetes Association Complete Guide to Diabetes is the one book everyone with diabetes should own.
When it comes to managing diabetes, knowledge is your most powerful tool. For over seven decades, the American Diabetes Association has been leading the way in finding a cure and improving the lives of people with diabetes. With the American Diabetes Association Complete Guide to Diabetes, you have the go-to source for the most reliable information on diabetes self-care from the diabetes authority. From describing the different types of diabetes to breaking down the details on blood glucose monitoring, the American Diabetes Association Complete Guide to Diabetes covers everything a person with diabetes needs to know to stay healthy and in control. Now, this comprehensive resource is more current and helpful than ever.
Completely revised to contain the latest information on research, medications, and treatments, the American Diabetes Association Complete Guide to Diabetes has the answer to any question you may have about diabetes, including:
• How does type 2 diabetes affect my body? see Chapter 4
• Now that I have diabetes, what should I eat? see Chapter 10
• How can I integrate diabetes into a healthy work and family life? see Chapters 20 and 21
• Which medications are right for me? see Chapter 12
• What should I do in the event of a blood glucose emergency? see Chapter 8
• Can I make physical activity a fun and safe part of my lifestyle? see Chapter 11
• How will the recent changes in health insurance affect me? see Chapter 18
• I'm burned out. Where can I find help coping with diabetes? see Chapter 19
You're the best advocate for your health, so make sure you have the best resource at your fingertips—the American Diabetes Association Complete Guide to Diabetes.
©2011 American Diabetes Association